Okay... here is the history of H. Robert's brain and background for this week's poll.
1) After I stupidly tried to end SOV2 early on, Che' was sent on a round the world flight.
2) Some combox comments suggested to me that readership had an interest in scientology.
3) I had Che' meet L. Ron Hubbard in brain form on a volcanic island. "Inspiration" was all those brain in jar science fiction movies... though I had been listening to That Hideous Strength not too long before, L. Ron Hubbard's brain was happy and not particularly evil.
4) Lack of comments suggested Scientology actually was NOT a big hit with fans, but because Che' is celebrity obsessed he stayed interested in Scientology. Plus scientology kept Che' "in" among Hollywood elites.
5) I started to read Eegah's and D.G.D.'s blogs, I happen to like science-fiction themes, though I am not a huge science fiction fan.
6) Mentions of Che' accidentally killing L. Ron Hubbard continued for a while.
7) H. Robert brought on board.
8) Based on lack of comments it seems he is not a popular character. (Attempts on H. Robert's life become common). I regret inventing him, find thinking about him unpleasant, and try to kill him off.
9) I was hoping for an H. Robert eulogy but as it turns out, H. Robert may have some fans out there. I decide to put H. Robert's life to the test... of course he is dead so how can he come back to life? Ah ha! Enter scientologists.
10) Based on poll, H. Robert is brought back to the blog. Che' gets to hang out in California for a while.
11) H. Robert is mainly obsessed with playing video games at Che's apartment, but wants to sue SOV2 for "wrongful life."
12) Wrongful life legal suit seems unpopular.
13) H. Robert drops legal suit.
14) Bananas of Revenge Storyline begins.
15) D.G.D. asks me to write something about Dragon Rights as part of a quid pro quo. on B.O.R.
16) I Have to decide who will write Dragon Right's letter. Che' is not capable of writing that kind of thing. H. Robert could, but he doesn't believe in dragons. Keith is too lazy. So Krystal will do it. Of course Krystal knows more about witches and she is responsible for H. Robert's death. Hmmm. Seems like a new story line.
17) Krystal writes offensive witch letter.
18) H. Robert becomes angry and wants to sue SOV2 again.
19) Sister Fairah reacts strongly against H. Robert accusing him of being "dead matter"
20) You know what... maybe H. Robert is in fact just a trick of the scientologists.
That brings us up to date for this weeks new POLL! A poll which will affect the future of SOV2 for ever and ever into the future (however long that may be). Please be honest now... (and NO multiple votes)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I guess I'm somewhat responsible for the Scientology angle, too. Before becoming Fr. Chad, I had posted several anonymous comments, one of which was comparing Fr. Tim's blog rating system to Scientology's OT levels.
H. Robert is really, really annoying. I was glad when he had died. However I think he fills a role that no other character has yet to fill. Perhaps he should get a professorship at a nominally Catholic university and you won't have to deal with him anymore... until around Christmas and Easter when he decides to explain how these parts of Jesus' life are just myths adapted from Mithraism, etc. yet that doesn't change his faith in Christ one bit. If he's just a puppet of Scientologists, he wouldn't really be representing this brand of SOV2 thinking that crops up in universities and seminaries on occasion.
I'm torn and haven't voted yet. I love the idea of a brain in a jar, but in general I don't like his posts.
But we're not supposed to like his posts.
You need the person to pontificate on issues no one cares about that the whole community hates yet, because of their "inclusive" nature, can't find a way to get rid of.
I LOVE H. Robert! The man--er, brain--is evil, intelligent, and power-hungry, yet placed in a position of dependence upon ditzy Che, so that the two often end up sniping at each other... Such a funny situation!
I would be disappointed to discover that he was a Scientologist creation... H. Robert strikes me as one of the only characters on SOV2 who isn't sweetly, aimlessly self-deluded, but has a (selfish) agenda and a conspicuous lack of scruples! In my opinion, he really adds color.
You know who else H. Robert reminds me of? Erwin from User Friendly, especially with all the talk of changing the OS he's on.
The characters in that comic are fond of porting Erwin to different things, among the funnier are MIR, a calculator (in polish notation) and a internet capable toilet.
You could have fun with this ;)
I think you should bring back Brittney. I liked her ditzy posts - she reminded me of a few people I know...
Christina, thanks for the suggestions.
Things are developing as Halloween approaches. H. Robert's power is growing as is his interest in the occult. My fingers are also itching to draw another Che' cartoon. Stay tuned.
Pareamedicgirl,
I wish I could bring back Britnee, but she disappeared, along with Taheetee Moonbeam. I believe Britnee became a Cathlofascist.
I have a strong suspicion as to the identity of Britnee, but lacking the blogger's email address, I was never able to issue her an invitation to join SOV2. Taheetee was a capable replacement, but she has disappeared as well.
Incidentally, writing "Britnee" reminded me of that early gag about "extra e's". Ha ha! Good one, Ché!
As to H. Robert, he does make a nice foil as well as providing a glimpse into the stern and severe world of the Historo-critical theologian. He reminds me of what would happen if a serious Calvinist started smoking pot.
Perhaps Dym Tim should sell him to the editorial staff of Thinking Catholic magazine to be their literature critic. Then he could make cameos on SOV2 reviewing the "most sinister works of Catholic literature," including reviews of the Bible, the Catechism, Ascent of Mount Carmel, Interior Castle, The Everlasting Man, Confessions, etc.
Ché - this could give you an excuse to make a few more Amazon purchases - research for H. Robert. I can't wait to see H. Robert's review of the sermons of the Curé of Ars!
I am planning to use the results of the poll to decide what will happen in the climax of the "Brain in Jar" October saga. This is also tied in with Sr. Fairah... which I have limitted control over.
Microsoft, Wicca, Brain in Jar. Hmmm. I think I may have to invoke some Superman III imagery as well.
Possibly, H. Roberts could be slipped something odd in his sugar water, and become not just power hungry and evil, but quite schizo as well.
I like his attempts at world domination and Agent Smiths consistant and constant surveilance.
Maybe he could get virused from all the web surfing.
Post a Comment