Second, I REALLY am having fun.... and hope everyone else is, too. If there ever gets to be a day when this ceases to be fun, and becomes scandal, work or virtual sin, I am OUT OF HERE. Sr. Fairah will have a fatal accident of some sort (which may be fun to orchestrate!)
So, about me:
- I do want to remain anonymous.
- I am a little like Sr. Fairah:
- I am a Consecrated Religious (NOT RSM, however!)
- I am middle age-ish (NOT new-age)
- I really am into technology. I am capable of cabling and setting up the network for a clinic of any sort. (However, if I were forced into cabling an abortion clinic, I would also cable hidden cameras to catch those crooks!)
- I am not a huge "fan" of Latin. (However, I have EVERY respect for Latin as the true language of the Church, and am thrilled that those who have yearned for the Latin Mass, now have it.). I will post some day on the Motu, in hopes to get some REAL dialogue about it going. I have some rather unique views on the topic, I suspect.
- I really do wear Birkenstocks! (However, not because they're "trendy." I have a congenital foot problem, and they are the only thing I can wear all day without foot pain!)
- I do like SOME Haugen / Haas songs. (SOME, not all! I see clearly why the vast majority do not belong in the sacred liturgy! And CRINGE when I end up in Masses when they're used!) - I am NOT like Sr. Fairah:
- I am in habit (and PROUD OF IT!)
- I would NEVER live outside of community (unless Obedience called me to it, for some reason). It is one of the basic foundations of religious life.
- I have a superior whom I obey
- I am proud to be called a "bride of Christ" (unworthy as I am!) --- try putting THAT in a comment to Sr.Fairah!
- I do not live in Nashville (actually, I've never even been there!)
- I do not even like green tea, much less use it in "alternative" ways
- I would NEVER step foot in a labyrinth, much less skip Holy Mass and "worship" there
- I am VERY pro-life
- I LOVE the pope! (and saw JPII several times in person!)
- I am WITH Rome on any issue. You name it, if there's been a definitive answer from Rome, I'm "all over it."
- I pray the Liturgy of the Hours, daily Mass, daily Rosary, and.... (I do not say this to boast, but have you EVER seen Sr. Fairah mention anything worthwhile about prayer? ... at least outside of the Labyrinth! )
- I would not use or take part in Reiki if I were on my death bed.
- I would LOVE to get "kidnapped" at EWTN! - I will not disclose my actual name, location or community (obedience speaks, I listen!) but will tell you it is one of the locations mentioned in the post below. We ARE blessed with WONDERFUL vocations to the priesthood, Praise God!
- I pray for all my "Internet friends" every day. That includes readers of these blogs. I cannot pray for you by name, obvously, but God knows who you are!
GOD BLESS YOU!
3 comments:
Welcome aboard the "Secrets Blog" Sister. It's heartening that neither you nor some of the real Priests I have corresponded with have condemned SOV2 per my catechical reference (is catechical a word, or should it be catechal?)
As to your confession of a secret like for Haugen/Haas (outside of the liturgy), I'm afraid there's not much HH that I enjoy, but I don't find "On Eagle's Wings" to be offensive. Back in my SEARCH/High School Youth Group days, I was particularly enamored of a Tom Franzak song called "Live On In My Love," which despite its PhatMass nature, I still enjoy. But I would cringe to hear it at Mass!
Well as long as we are all confessing our secret love of (some) modern music... I.... I... I... I like Laurence Rosania's "Ubi Caritas" and John Foley's "The Cry of the Poor." There now we have lost every reader! (Sob) (Sob) (Sob)
I actually like "Be not Afraid" but shhh! don't tell any traddies that!:}
Post a Comment