Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Meme

I was never tagged for this meme, though several people thought I was responsible for sending it around. But I can't resist participating, so here it is:
-------
Here's a fun quiz made up especially for bloggers. The rules are easy. Just post the quiz on your blog and answer the questions, then pass it on to five other bloggers, and link to them in your post. Be sure to link back to the one who sent it to you.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?
Novus Ordo - there has been an indult mass in Knoxville for a few years, but I've only attended once. I have the excuse of complex logistics (this is sort of like "the traveler's exemption")

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?
I am located within a 50 mile radius of the current TLM host parish.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?
Sinner

4. Are you a comment junkie?
Oh yeah!

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?
When I can remember where I've commented.

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?
No, but I have about six aliases (alia? aliada? aliamnibus?) My online persona is like an everlasting gobstopper.

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?
Well, we're on the Curt Jester's blogroll already, but so far no luck with Shrine of the Holy Whapping or Open Book. It's disappointing that Amy Wellborn hasn't noticed SOV2 yet, particularly considering her strong Knoxville connections. On the other hand, she's really, really busy. The ultimate triumph would be recognition from Christopher Blosser. But above all, I would like SOV2 to be on the list of links for National Catholic Reporter or Commonweal.

8. Which blog is the first one you check?
Curt Jester.

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?
Only Ché. I almost met someone from the Cardinal Ratzinger Fan Club, but we ended up crossing paths.

10. What are you reading?
The Language of God (Collins), Pilgrim Fellowship of Faith, The Great Encyclical Letters of Pope Leo XIII, Teilhardism and the New Religion, Jesus of Nazareth, the Douay-Rheims Bible, The Imitation of Christ, Captain Alatriste, Albert & Thomas Selected Writings.

Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?
Yes.

If it has, who do you think Father Tim really is?
I think Father Tim is a psychological projection of a calcified portion of the author's mind which was damaged by repeated exposure to priests who looked and acted like John Denver, chair-throwing ex-nuns, rainbow felt-banners, and execrable slide-shows of sweaty-armpitted tight-T-shirt wearing longhaired teenagers sitting in flourescent green woodland scenes, displayed on a cheap projector while "..longer than, there've been fishes in the ocean..." droned on from a cheap cassette player in the back of whatever moldy shag-carpeted and panel-walled basement that particular youth group meeting was occuring in.

I tag Christopher Blosser, Amy Wellborn, and Jeff Miller.

7 comments:

Che' Lovell said...

I probably should have tagged you but I thought that would be cheating.

Christina said...

I wonder how many other people were going to tag you but didn't because it seemed like cheating ;)

I actually had your name on my list :P

Anonymous said...

I've NEVER been tagged ... :(

Father Tim said...

I tag Sr. Fairah...

Christina said...

I'll tag you as well Sr. ;)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hey! You were peeking in on that youth group my parents made me attend in high school, weren't you?

paramedicgirl said...

Father Tim, I'm the one who created that meme, and the reason I put SOV2 in it as the bonus question is because you guys are a lot of fun to read and everyone wants to be on your banned list. I tagged Che because he whined once early on about no one ever tagging him. ;} It's fun to read all the responses for the bonus question.