Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Removal of Wiccan Posts

The secret of SOV2 is that SOV2 is largely an exercise in Catholic banter. I have an idea, I throw it out and I see what responses I get and react accordingly. When something strikes a chord I follow up. If it kind of goes thud, I let it lie. That is one reason to stop the wiccan storyline... it has gone thud.

But there are certain things I want to say, certain dangers and thoughts I want Orthodox Catholics to know about and find ways to deal with. I want to vaccinate Orthodox Catholics to the things I am hearing from within the "University." I recognize that many of you are more aware of these dangers than I am and probably don't need warning. You're also probably better equipped to handle things too. But as a guy on the near the advancing front of the Catholic Culture wars, someone likely to be swept aside within a few years, I feel this urge to cry out against the ghoulish spectres and the beast "slouch[ing] towards Bethlehem to be born." So if I thought a storyline was inportant enough, I wouldn't drop it merelt because it wasn't registering with the audience.

But sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. I have decided not to pursue the Wiccan storyline any farther. This is because I can see no way of confronting wicca in this manner without seeming to advocate for wicca.

The best way to discuss this is to post it here in the "Secrets." As I noted to other SOV2 conspirators:

Wicca is the natural extension of eco-feminism to spirituality. It teaches nature worship, "balance," "tolerance," "trust," and "empowerment through knowledge." Wicca looks like the "Vision of Excellence" for many Catholic universities. My hope was to point out the similarities between Wicca and the liberal view of Catholicism. But... I am probably not up to the task.


Now what? This has left a blank space in my thoughts and (as you could probably tell) I must admit to being a little drained of inspiration since Act III of Bananas of Revenge. Yet there is another important storyline that must move forward concerning Sister Fairah. As such you will probably see me playing a more passive roll until Halloween.

No comments: