Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cincinnati, OH

Father Kyle asked about what the connection was to Cincinnati. As I mentioned in a combox, there is a personal connection to Cincy. Okay... well... I live in the Diocese of Cincinnati (there, I've said it! I feel better.)

I know negative things have been said about Cincy. For the many of you out there that read the Michael Rose book Good Bye, Good Men, you might have acquired an extremely negative view of our diocese. Remember that Michael Rose, editor of the St. Catherine Review, lives in Cincinnati . He has made it his mission to expose and uproot abuse, and no better place to work than in your own backyard.

Cincinnati has become one of the most visible fronts in the battle between conservative and liberal forces. In my opinion, it's not because abuse is so much more prevalent here, but because conservative Catholics are much more willing to speak out. Remember that organizations like the Couple to Couple League (CCL) which promotes Natural Family Planning are based out of Cincinnati, we have a strong pro-life base here and politically the area is heavily conservative.

Father Kyle, I am sure knows more about the situation with vocations in Cincinnati and how much a desperate situation has turned around. He has a tough job but from what I have seen, he is doing it very well. And every newly ordained priest in Cincinnati I have come into contact with has been a credit to the collar. Cincinnati I am confident is not turning away good men any longer.

Please pray for Father Kyle in his mission and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, and let's hope that we'll soon be numbered among these diocese:

Lincoln, Nebraska
Yakima, Washington
Savannah, Georgia
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Rapid City, South Dakota
Wichita, Kansas
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Alexandria, Louisiana
Pensacola-Tallahassee, Florida
Steubenville, Ohio
Spokane, Washington
Bismarck, North Dakota

5 comments:

Father Tim said...

You forgot Knoxville, Tennessee on your diocese list. And now, of course, Louisville, Kentucky.

Father Tim said...

Oh - and you forgot Birmingham, Alabama!

Che' Lovell said...

I chose those because they have the highest number of seminarians to catholic population.

Pilgrim said...

Che's alter-ego,
Where did you find this stat?

Che' Lovell said...

Source for statistics...

http://www.ad2000.com.au/articles/2005/sep2005p7_2045.html