Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Updated banned list...

I've got a webpage with the master banned list for SOV2. It's at http://syblyngbob.googlepages.com/. I checked the links and made a couple of corrections. Good idea or bad idea? There's quiet a few sites that have been 'banned' and I thought it might be helpful to put them all together. Also I think Syb Bob is going to start pushing Esperanto here and there. The idea originally came up from reading Lord of the World (which you can find at http://www.authorama.com/book/lord-of-the-world.html ). In the book the secular types were using it sort of as the antiLatin.

4 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Oooh! I love Lord of the World! Well, not really. I mean, the book. Very creepy and prophetic. I just finished Fr. Benson's Dawn of All & I didn't like it as much... too far-fetched, unfortunately.

Che' Lovell said...

Wow...

This is eerie as I was working on the theory that the subset of all people that can speak Esperanto and the set of all people who play handball is exactly the same. That's why H. Robert was a hand ball player in the Esperanto group at Villanoce College. If I could construct sentences in Esperanto than I would have made him fluent.

M.C.

Syb Bob said...

Well I'm not going to claim fluency, but had a vague interest in high school. Best friend had an Esperanto dictionary. But I did like the idea in LotW that the secularists were using Esperanto like the Church uses Latin. Eerie book. Especially as we've gone just a few steps down that path.

Father Tim said...

Good idea re banned list blog. i haven't done a good job managing the list. one of the "sitemeter secrets" of sov2 is that the peak traffic comes from banning blogs. and the meme that paramedic girl started. and any reference by the curt jester.

esperanto as the ;'latin of the proggies?": brilliant! Byshop Tim will issue his own motu proprio encouraging this