Some of you may wonder if we are or were acting in "cahoots" with the Society of Saint Leo I. The answer is "sort of."
Radtradchad announced the creation of his blog in one of the comment sections. He posted comments before too. However, we don't know who runs the SSLI blog or the Holy Knights of the Truely True Church.
I admire the creative imagination of all those people. They far outshine my ability to put voice into the character, and their story lines were just as funny as ours. The SSLI and HKTTC were welcome contributors to the mayhem and their creation of an ultra-radically traditional sect satisfied many of our readers. Being a post Vatican 2 Catholic and not knowing much about SSPX and similar ilks I could not have done it. SOV2 really can use a nemesis and SSLI is perfect.
Coordination was not easy and that caused problems early on. For example when sir rev. leonard feeney suddenly decided to slay H. Robert (see comments to this post) I had to ignore it. H. Robert could not die so soon! Wishing to satisfy the blood lust of sir leonard, I let him plunk H. Robert with a lawn dart. I have a sketch I drew of the incident - which is kind of funny - and if I can find it, I'll scan it in and post it here (it shows Keith in the background eating a hamburger). This I did on my own writing in as the culmination of the dreaded church pinic in order to prevent any possible third siege. I was not sure how the SSLI folk would take it but the results seemed to work out well with everybody happy and H. Roberts in the hospital.
Incidentally, this first hospital stay led to my favorite H. Roberts post Romans Chapter 1. If you get a chance read H. Roberts version and the actual side by side.
Cooperation with SSLI was most successfully handled with the long distance exorcism Father Chadwick performed to rid SOV2 of the demonic presence the wiccan Krystal had accidentally summoned while trying to resurrect Curtis the mouse (good times!). But since then SSLI has been relatively quiet and not participated much in the blog.
Overall I found this blog to blog coordination very difficult. As a result the participation was mainly one directional (we didn't enter their world as much as they entered ours). I enjoyed reading what was happening at SSLI and HKTTC, but its been hard just maintaining a presence at SOV2. However the HKTTC is indirectly responsible for the creation of Krystal and hence frog tea and hence H. Robert being a brain in a jar. So you can see SOV2 would not be the same place without them.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, everyone. This is THE "Fr. Chadwick LeJanvier". Myself and my partner-in-crime, "Fr. Heidrich", are both actually college students and so when the semester began, the posting sort of died out. So that is the reason for the lack of activity lately. We also were starting to run out of ideas-- at least the kind that didn't involving writing essay-length posts.
FYI, the email addy is a real registered account specifically for SSLI business, so if you want to coordinate ideas, etc. feel free to drop a message (so far I've mostly just gotten the occasional bit of spam, hehe.)
I don't know who the Rev. Feeney is, either. He is as much a spinoff of our blog as mine is of yours.
Post a Comment