Saturday, January 5, 2008

What's going on with I.R.???!!!

Would someone (not a stalker) please tell me what is going on with I.R.?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found the blog and sent it to a couple friends. Unfortunately my mail has been hacked for sometime now (and I've been threatened in other ways as well). Whoever hacked my mail is now tracking the site and sending nasty things containing some accurate details but also serious slander, as a cyber stalker, I guess designed to intimidate. They must have decided that I had created or somehow informed your blog regarding a situation which is somewhat familiar and inevitably made their way over to you to harass you as they have been harassing me. They must recognize themselves there and must be furious, I can understand. Although I do think at the same time that your blog is funny and am relieved that apparently there is someone (though I don't know who you are or how you know of this situation) who does understand, although in quite a more partisan way than I would represent the situation to friends, whether on email or in person. I subscribe the situation to personalities whereas apparently others see it in terms of politics. I hadn't been thinking of it in quite this way but with the harassment I've come to understand that what I proposed and thought of as completely unthreatening somehow has really angered some folks to the point of being willing to be involved in stalking. I don't know how officially involved in the church or parish they are but it is obviously someone who is knowledgeable about all of the details and very resentful. Not only is it an intrusion but it is coming very close to slander at this point so I'd appreciate it if you all there explain that you're not basing it on real life, maybe that will calm them down.
They apparently thought I was some sort of plant or mole or something, and at this point I think it is just funny and bizarre, but really, I think that I just walked into a minefield, preset.
That said, I've been living with the harassment for awhile and am not going to be intimidated by it nor embroiled in someone else's battle, which is their own battle with their own reasons.
The thing is, they know since they snoop that I don't care about the details of their politics, the personalities or any of it, that I haven't solicited details concerning the church's business nor have I ever cared. At the same time, I can't help it if they are disturbed by my presence in trying to protect themselves in some kind of turf war. It's not like I'll just now go away or something as a result. That wouldn't be fair to anyone involved now would it.

Deacon Bernadette Carnahan said...

What a strange situation. Fictional parishes are srs bzns.

ignorant redneck said...

OK--

I have had a phone conversation with someone who "knew me when". In that conversation the subject of my admittedly shameful past came up, and how my reversion to the Faith made me a hypocrit. Basically, if I had a past like mine any embrace of christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular makes me an evil liar. I am now considered beyond the pale.

But I also got e-mail threatening to put my past on display on the blogs I comment on, as well as attempting to put it on my own.

I will be frank--there is very much to be ashamed of, a lot of which would shock most people. Not most Christian or Catholic people, but most people. I'm not so anxious to have it dragged out. And no, I'm not subject to any sort of legal action if my past is put on display.

My profile is accurate--including the part about the Franciscan Brothers of Christ the King. I felt it would be enough to render me on the up and up.

But some of the allegations tht have been made, even though the person/persons making them know them to be untrue, could cause so much trouble that I have discontinued posting on my blog, and will now have to discontinue commenting on others.

I think it is rooted in my belief that having gay sex with pubescent and adolescent boys is abhorrent, especially in priests, and my frequent posts to that effect.

Thanks,

Mitch S.

Che' Lovell said...

I.R.,

I am very sorry that this has happened to you. I hope that things work out for the best and that the person harassing you comes to his or her senses.

M.C.